I speak regularly at conferences and events about intuitive eating, Health at Every Size®, and why dieting and the pursuit of weight loss are harming people's health.
As a registered dietitian, certified intuitive eating counselor, and journalist with more than 15 years of experience writing and speaking about food and nutrition, I have the expertise to craft compelling, evidence-based talks that will inspire your audience to open up to a new paradigm.
My lectures, workshops, and presentations focus on helping laypeople and health professionals alike understand why our culture's obsession with weight loss is harmful to people's health and well-being, and how to approach food and body size in a radically different way that leads to significantly better outcomes.
I believe that discussions about these topics should be as engaging as they are informative. This approach has helped make my weekly podcast, Food Psych, one of the top 100 shows in iTunes' health category and the world's leading anti-diet podcast, reaching tens of thousands of listeners per episode.
Recent speaking appearances include:
- ASDAH 2018 Conference - "Online Spaces, Social Media, and the Future of HAES"
- IACP 2018 Conference - "Guilt-Free" Food: What Is Our Responsibility to Readers?
- MEDA 2017 Conference - "But I Want to Lose Weight": Shifting the Focus for Lasting Change
- RD Real Talk Round Table - How to Practice the Anti-Diet Approach in Dietetics
- Montclair State University Student Dietetics Association - Intro to Intuitive Eating
- #HHHRetreat 2017 - Making Peace with Food
- EDRDpro Symposium - How to Build a Pro-Recovery Brand, Online and Off
- ...and many more.
Inquire below if you're interested in hiring me to speak at your organization or event. I can bring one of my signature talks on the non-diet approach, or craft a new lecture/workshop specifically for your audience. I'd love to connect and look forward to potentially working together!