Are you tired of worrying about whether you’re “doing it right” when it comes to eating and wellness?
Struggling to make peace with food and let go of the rules and restrictions that aren’t serving you?
Have you been listening to all the podcasts and reading all the books about intuitive eating, but you’re still not quite able to put the principles into practice?
You believe in the values of body acceptance, and you KNOW you have the capacity to give up dieting, but you’re feeling stuck.
You don’t have an eating disorder, but you sense that you could have a much better relationship with food and your body than you do now.
You want it to be joyful, easy, and JUST NOT THAT BIG A DEAL—because you have more important things to do with your life.
I know the feeling, and I can help show you the way to the peaceful relationship with food that you desire.
I'm Christy Harrison, a registered dietitian nutritionist, certified intuitive eating counselor, and the host of Food Psych podcast.
I created this online course based on my experience helping hundreds of clients and tens of thousands of listeners develop healthier relationships with food—using the same tools that helped me recover from my own disordered eating patterns years ago.
Intuitive Eating Fundamentals teaches the same scientifically validated principles of intuitive eating and Health at Every Size that I use in my one-on-one counseling, all in a self-paced online format that's packed with engaging multimedia content and available anywhere in the world.
Create freedom, trust, and connection in your relationship with food
The course contains hours of rich multimedia content and interactive exercises that teach you how to:
- Give up dieting and reclaim your life from diet culture
- Recognize and honor your hunger and fullness
- Stop yo-yoing between rigid food rules and out-of-control eating
- Choose nourishing foods without having to use willpower or restriction
- Take pleasure in food
- Navigate emotional eating and cope with feelings without using food
- Trust yourself with all foods—even those that seem "off-limits"
- Start to accept your body size and shape, and learn skills to fight internalized fatphobia and weight bias
- Start exercising for the joy of movement, not as penance for your eating
- ...and so much more!
Join us and become an intuitive eater!
Are you ready to experience deep and lasting peace with food?
This course is designed to help you get back in touch with your body and use it to guide your food choices.
It sounds so easy to "just listen to your body," doesn't it? But as you probably know, this process is incredibly complex.
Maybe you've tried it before, and your initial attempts only confirmed your sense that you couldn't trust your body. Maybe then you doubled down on your efforts to control it—and ended up feeling out of control yet again.
I know that struggle, and I know the way out. Intuitive eating helped me heal my own relationship with food many years ago, and in my work as a nutrition therapist and podcaster I've helped thousands of people on the same journey.
In this in-depth online course, I'm offering the same tools I provide over multiple one-on-one sessions for $5,000 or more—but now you can access them from anywhere in the world, at any time of day or night, for a fraction of the cost.
This course isn't designed for people with active eating disorders or those in early recovery, but it's definitely for you if you've recovered from an eating disorder or spent a lifetime fighting food.
Join us to discover a wealth of new resources for food freedom
You'll get a rich array of multimedia tools, tips, and exercises to help you put intuitive eating into practice right away and troubleshoot common roadblocks.
- 13 modules of in-depth content
- Weekly audio lectures for listening on the go
- Thought-provoking journal exercises to use throughout the course
- Downloadable PDF workbooks for each module
- Exclusive audio meditations to help you engage with your intuition
- An exclusive library of monthly Q&A podcasts from me, with answers to all of the questions (hundreds and counting!) that come up for you and your fellow participants during the course
- A private Facebook group exclusively for course participants, where you can connect with each other and get additional support from me and my staff
- Weekly email prompts to help you stay on track
- Bonus podcasts and videos
- Lifetime access to the course materials, including any future updates to this course
Join us and become an intuitive eater!
13 modules of in-depth content to help you master intuitive eating
- Use self-compassion practices to make sustainable changes in your thoughts, behaviors, and relationship with yourself
- Determine your current barriers to a peaceful relationship with food, and develop a clear sense of what you want instead
- Become aware of your inner critic and start challenging its messages
- Skillfully navigate tough moments in your journey to life beyond dieting
Ditching the Diet Mentality
- Recognize the subtle diet rules and restrictions you’ve been holding onto, and let them go
- Learn why dieting and attempting to change your body isn't serving you (or anyone, for that matter!)
- Install new thoughts that support you in creating the joyful and easy relationship with food that you desire and deserve
- Build skills and practices to help you shift into this new paradigm long-term
Honoring Your Hunger
- Learn what hunger cues feel like for you—and discover the subtle signals you may have been missing
- Bust myths about hunger that are perpetuated by diet culture
- Find out why intuitive eating is about so much more than just “eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re full”
- Uncover your inner wisdom about hunger and help you build faith in its power to guide you
Making Peace with Food
- Open up to your “off-limits” foods in a systematic way that makes you feel safe and empowered
- Understand why you feel so compelled to eat “forbidden” foods, and what you can do to change that
- Navigate what I call the “honeymoon phase” of intuitive eating, when you ONLY want to eat those previously off-limits foods
- Learn what it means to truly give yourself unconditional permission to eat
Challenging the Food Police
- Learn why the food police are bad for your health
- Discover my three keys to making food choices without the food police, and why that leads to far better outcomes
- Learn some essential self-care practices for letting go of rules and restrictions
- Feel confident and secure in your ability to take care of yourself with food
Feeling Your Fullness
- Learn how to tune in to fullness from a place of self-care—not one of deprivation
- Use all the other principles of intuitive eating to support you in being able to feel and honor your fullness
- Learn why there’s no such thing as a “perfect” level of fullness
- Explore some of the deeper meanings of fullness, and how diet culture influences these meanings
Finding Pleasure and Satisfaction in Food
- Release fear around the idea of taking pleasure in food
- Awaken your palate to new and exciting flavors
- Discover how to bring more joy into your cooking and eating
- Feel confident in your food choices, knowing that pleasure will guide you toward balance and nourishment
Navigating Emotional Eating
- Learn why emotional eating is unfairly criticized in our society
- Gain clarity on what emotional eating is trying to tell you
- Discover ways to take care of yourself emotionally IN ADDITION to eating (not instead of eating)
- Reduce the frequency and intensity of emotional eating episodes
Respecting Your Body
- Learn how to handle bad body image days
- Discover the power of BEING in your body, rather than judging it from the outside
- Navigate your body’s unique strengths and limitations without judgment
- Feel genuinely accepting (maybe even loving) toward your body
Learning Intuitive Movement
- Find joyful ways of moving your body, and let go of obligatory and punishing exercise
- Apply intuitive eating skills to your relationship with physical activity
- Recognize your body’s cues about movement and rest
- Learn how to stop using exercise to compensate for your eating
Practicing Gentle Nutrition
- Learn to relate to nutrition without falling back into the diet mentality
- Approach nutrition from a place of self-care and body acceptance, NOT self-control and body shame
- Use gentle nutrition as a way to enhance your satisfaction and pleasure, not detract from it
- Learn my super-simple, intuitive trick for building sustaining and delicious meals and snacks
- Navigate ups and downs on the path to peace with food
- Learn why weight and body-mass index don’t mean anything about your health
- Discover how to handle rebellious eating and bingeing
- Deepen your self-compassion practice
Moving from Intuitive Eating to Intuitive Living
- Reflect on how your life has changed already, and what your ongoing goals are for life beyond dieting
- Strengthen your boundaries in relationships
- Learn to navigate the inevitable diet-culture triggers you’ll encounter
- Open up to new possibilities for your life and future
Monthly Q&A Podcasts
- Hear my answers to hundreds of previous questions from your fellow course participants
- Ask your own questions and get answers from me each month for as long as you like (remember, you'll have lifetime access to the course!)
- Get in-depth help with the nuts and bolts of intuitive eating
Private Facebook Group
- Connect with fellow participants from around the world for support on your journey
- Share tips and resources to help strengthen your intuitive eating practice
- Get real-time guidance from me and my staff of compassionate coaches
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Intuitive Eating Fundamentals start at a specific time?
No, this is a self-paced online course, so you can start anytime! You'll get instant access when you sign up, and you can either dive in right away or come back and start the course later. You have lifetime access to the materials, so no need to worry about timing.
Can I go away on vacation during the course without missing anything?
Absolutely! Since the course is self-paced and you have lifetime access, you can go away for a few weeks and pick up right where you left off. Your access will never expire, so take all the time you need!
Do I need to have any prior knowledge of intuitive eating?
Not at all! The course helps you work through each of the principles of intuitive eating, so you don't have to be familiar with them to start. By the end you'll have an excellent working knowledge of intuitive eating.
I'm already familiar with intuitive eating. Will this course still give me something new?
Absolutely! I've designed the course to address common issues with putting intuitive eating into practice, so if you're already familiar with the concept but haven't fully incorporated it into your life, this course will help get you there. The multimedia format suits a variety of learning styles, and the interactive exercises help deepen your understanding.
I'm struggling with an eating disorder. Can I take this course?
This course is NOT designed for people with active eating disorders or people in the early stages of recovery. Eating disorders can make your hunger and fullness cues unreliable, and attempting to practice intuitive eating while in this state can actually worsen your eating disorder. Please wait to purchase this course until your eating disorder is in remission, and then ask your treatment team whether the course is appropriate for you.
I've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I think I have some form of disordered eating. Can I take the course?
Disordered eating is a spectrum, and many people—including most American women—have it to some degree. This course IS designed for people who have disordered eating behaviors such as yo-yo dieting, occasional bingeing, and vacillating between restriction and overeating, without significant medical complications or high-risk behaviors such as gastroparesis, purging, or medication abuse.
What if I have another medical condition?
In scientific studies, intuitive eating has been shown to be effective in managing and reducing the risk of many chronic conditions, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Ask your doctor if you have specific concerns.
Will intuitive eating help me lose weight?
Intuitive eating is not intended as a weight-loss method. Some people may lose weight when they learn to honor their bodies, while others gain weight they'd lost through restriction and deprivation. Still others maintain their weight with intuitive eating. Weight loss is NOT a goal of intuitive eating or of this course, which is based on principles of Health at Every Size® and body acceptance.
I'm a clinician who wants to use intuitive eating in my practice. Can I take this course?
Yes! The material is presented at a level suitable for clients and clinicians alike, and the program is evidence-based. Clinicians can request to use and adapt the course materials (by obtaining written permission from my staff) for partial use in their one-on-one work with clients. Clinicians may also have clients purchase the course and then work through it with them. To inquire about permission to use course materials in group settings, please contact us. (All course contents, including this page, are copyrighted material.)
Are there any scholarships available if I can't afford the course?
I'm not able to offer scholarships to the course at this time, since the cost is already far below market rate for the value provided—only $33 per week if you go through the course in 13 weeks, with lifetime access to the materials. The actual cost per week is far lower if you take several weeks with each module, as compared to other group programs that range from $75 to hundreds per week.
If you have any questions about the course that weren't answered above, click below to ask yours!
More praise for my work
Get in there!