Imagine having a peaceful, easy relationship with food.
Not spending all your time and energy worrying about food and your body.
Being able to trust your body’s cues and nourish yourself fully.
To stop restricting and stop feeling out of control with food.
Freeing your mind to do your work, take care of yourself, spend time with the people you love, and answer your calling.
Being able to pursue your purpose—and to have the mental space to figure out what that is.
Being able to own your power.
To build a better life for yourself and others.
To, you know, change the world.
I'm Christy Harrison, and I want to help you make that happen.
I’m a certified intuitive eating counselor, anti-diet registered dietitian, and journalist dedicated to helping people make peace with food and reclaim their lives from dieting.
I do this work because I know what it’s like to have a difficult relationship with food. I lost more than a decade of my life to dieting and disordered eating, missing out on countless important moments because my mind was hijacked by worries about food, weight, and how I looked.
When I finally managed to recover, I realized that I wasn’t alone in struggling with these issues, and that this is really a systemic problem. A cultural problem.
The problem is diet culture, and it steals your life.
The problem is that diet culture—aka The Life Thief—keeps us from trusting our innate wisdom about food.
Our culture is diet culture, a system of beliefs that keeps you stuck on thoughts of weight and shape instead of letting you be free to change the world.
In addition to making you feel bad about your body, diet culture forces you to be hyper-vigilant about your eating (or ashamed of yourself when you're not). It keeps you so focused on food that you're distracted from your pleasure, your purpose, and your power.
It steals your life—which is why I call it The Life Thief.
And you don't deserve to have your life stolen. No one does.
You deserve freedom, trust, and connection in your relationship with food.
I created this intuitive eating course to help you:
- Give up dieting for good, so that you have your mind free to focus on the things that really matter
- Take pleasure in food and stop fighting your desires, so that you can fully engage in all the moments of your life—from the mundane to the magical
- Recognize, honor, and trust your body's signals of hunger and fullness, so that you feel nourished and cared for
- Stop the restrict-binge cycle (or what I call The Restriction Pendulum) and find peace
- Trust yourself with all foods—even those that were once "off-limits"—and stop feeling out of control
- Navigate emotional eating and learn new coping skills
- Accept your body—at ANY size—and learn how to fight internalized fatphobia and weight bias
- Choose what to eat from a place of self-care and abundance, not self-control and deprivation
- Start engaging in physical activity for the joy of movement, not as penance for your eating
- ...and break free from The Life Thief, once and for all.
Are you ready to make peace with food and reclaim your life?
Join us and become an intuitive eater!
Are you ready to experience deep and lasting peace with food?
This course is designed to help you get back in touch with your body and use it to guide your food choices, so that your mind is free for bigger and better things.
It sounds so easy to "just listen to your body," doesn't it? But as you probably know, this process is incredibly complex.
Maybe you've tried it before, and your initial attempts only seemed to confirm your sense that you couldn't trust your body. Maybe then you doubled down on your efforts to control it—and ended up feeling out of control yet again.
I know that struggle, and I know the way out. Intuitive eating helped me heal my own relationship with food many years ago, and in my work as a nutrition therapist and podcaster I've helped thousands of people on the same journey.
In this in-depth online course, I'm offering the same tools I provide over multiple one-on-one sessions for $5,000 or more—but now you can access them from anywhere in the world, at any time of day or night, for a fraction of the cost.
This course isn't designed for people with active eating disorders or those in early recovery, but it's definitely for you if you've recovered from an eating disorder or spent a lifetime fighting food.
Join us to discover a wealth of new resources for food freedom.
You'll get a rich array of multimedia tools, tips, and exercises to help you start making peace with food right away and troubleshoot common roadblocks.
- 13 modules of in-depth content
- Weekly audio lectures for listening on the go
- Thought-provoking journal exercises to use throughout the course
- Downloadable PDF workbooks for each module
- Exclusive audio meditations to help you engage with your intuition
- An exclusive library of monthly Q&A podcasts from me, with answers to all of the questions (hundreds and counting!) that come up for you and your fellow participants during the course
- A private Facebook group exclusively for course participants, where you can connect with each other and get additional support from me and my staff
- Weekly email prompts to help you stay on track
- Bonus podcasts and videos
- Lifetime access to the course materials, including any future updates to this course
Are you ready to make peace with food and reclaim your life?
Join us and become an intuitive eater!
13 modules of in-depth content to help you make peace with food:
- Use self-compassion practices to make sustainable changes in your thoughts, behaviors, and relationship with yourself
- Determine your current barriers to a peaceful relationship with food, and develop a clear sense of what you want instead
- Become aware of your inner critic and start challenging its messages
- Skillfully navigate tough moments in your journey to life beyond dieting
Ditching the Diet Mentality
- Recognize the subtle diet rules and restrictions you’ve been holding onto, and let them go
- Learn why dieting and attempting to change your body isn't serving you (or anyone, for that matter!)
- Install new thoughts that support you in creating the joyful and easy relationship with food that you desire and deserve
- Build skills and practices to help you shift into this new paradigm long-term
Honoring Your Hunger
- Learn what hunger cues feel like for you—and discover the subtle signals you may have been missing
- Bust myths about hunger that are perpetuated by diet culture
- Find out why intuitive eating is about so much more than just “eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re full”
- Uncover your inner wisdom about hunger and help you build faith in its power to guide you
Making Peace with Food
- Open up to your “off-limits” foods in a systematic way that makes you feel safe and empowered
- Understand why you feel so compelled to eat “forbidden” foods, and what you can do to change that
- Navigate what I call the “honeymoon phase” of intuitive eating, when you ONLY want to eat those previously off-limits foods
- Learn what it means to truly give yourself unconditional permission to eat
Challenging the Food Police
- Learn why the food police are bad for your health
- Discover my three keys to making food choices without the food police, and why that leads to far better outcomes
- Learn some essential self-care practices for letting go of rules and restrictions
- Feel confident and secure in your ability to take care of yourself with food
Feeling Your Fullness
- Learn how to tune in to fullness from a place of self-care—not one of deprivation
- Use all the other principles of intuitive eating to support you in being able to feel and honor your fullness
- Learn why there’s no such thing as a “perfect” level of fullness
- Explore some of the deeper meanings of fullness, and how diet culture influences these meanings
Finding Pleasure and Satisfaction in Food
- Release fear around the idea of taking pleasure in food
- Awaken your palate to new and exciting flavors
- Discover how to bring more joy into your cooking and eating
- Feel confident in your food choices, knowing that pleasure will guide you toward balance and nourishment
Navigating Emotional Eating
- Learn why emotional eating is unfairly criticized in our society
- Gain clarity on what emotional eating is trying to tell you
- Discover ways to take care of yourself emotionally IN ADDITION to eating (not instead of eating)
- Reduce the frequency and intensity of emotional eating episodes
Respecting Your Body
- Learn how to handle bad body image days
- Discover the power of BEING in your body, rather than judging it from the outside
- Navigate your body’s unique strengths and limitations without judgment
- Feel genuinely accepting (maybe even loving) toward your body
Learning Intuitive Movement
- Find joyful ways of moving your body, and let go of obligatory and punishing exercise
- Apply intuitive eating skills to your relationship with physical activity
- Recognize your body’s cues about movement and rest
- Learn how to stop using exercise to compensate for your eating
Practicing Gentle Nutrition
- Learn to relate to nutrition without falling back into the diet mentality
- Approach nutrition from a place of self-care and body acceptance, NOT self-control and body shame
- Use gentle nutrition as a way to enhance your satisfaction and pleasure, not detract from it
- Learn my super-simple, intuitive trick for building sustaining and delicious meals and snacks
- Navigate ups and downs on the path to peace with food
- Learn why weight and body-mass index don’t mean anything about your health
- Discover how to handle rebellious eating and bingeing
- Deepen your self-compassion practice
Moving from Intuitive Eating to Intuitive Living
- Reflect on how your life has changed already, and what your ongoing goals are for life beyond dieting
- Strengthen your boundaries in relationships
- Learn to navigate the inevitable diet-culture triggers you’ll encounter
- Open up to new possibilities for your life and future
Monthly Q&A Podcasts
- Hear my answers to hundreds of previous questions from your fellow course participants
- Ask your own questions and get answers from me each month for as long as you like (remember, you'll have lifetime access to the course!)
- Get in-depth help with the nuts and bolts of intuitive eating
Private Facebook Group
- Connect with fellow participants from around the world for support on your journey
- Share tips and resources to help strengthen your intuitive eating practice
- Get real-time guidance from me and my staff of compassionate coaches
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Intuitive Eating Fundamentals start at a specific time?
No, this is a self-paced online course, so you can start anytime! You'll get instant access when you sign up, and you can either dive in right away or come back and start the course later. You have lifetime access to the materials, so no need to worry about timing.
Can I go away on vacation during the course without missing anything?
Absolutely! Since the course is self-paced and you have lifetime access, you can go away for a few weeks and pick up right where you left off. Your access will never expire, so take all the time you need!
Do I need to have any prior knowledge of intuitive eating?
Not at all! The course helps you work through each of the principles of intuitive eating, so you don't have to be familiar with them to start. By the end you'll have an excellent working knowledge of intuitive eating.
I'm already familiar with intuitive eating. Will this course still give me something new?
Absolutely! I've designed the course to address common issues with putting intuitive eating into practice, so if you're already familiar with the concept but haven't fully incorporated it into your life, this course will help get you there. The multimedia format suits a variety of learning styles, and the interactive exercises help deepen your understanding.
I'm struggling with an eating disorder. Can I take this course?
This course is designed to help people with a history of chronic dieting and disordered eating make peace with food and their bodies. It's not meant for people with active eating disorders or those in the early stages of ED recovery, because eating disorders can make your hunger and fullness cues unreliable, and attempting to practice intuitive eating while in this state can actually worsen your eating disorder. Please wait to purchase this course until you're at least several months into recovery and working with experienced ED clinicians, and then ask your treatment team whether the course is appropriate for you. You're welcome to work through it with their support if they give you the OK!
I've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I think I have some form of disordered eating. Can I take the course?
Disordered eating is a spectrum, and many people—including most American women—have it to some degree. This course IS designed for people who have disordered eating behaviors such as yo-yo dieting, occasional bingeing, and vacillating between restriction and overeating, without significant medical complications or high-risk behaviors such as gastroparesis, purging, or medication abuse.
What if I have another medical condition?
In scientific studies, intuitive eating has been shown to be effective in managing and reducing the risk of many chronic conditions, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Ask your doctor if you have specific concerns.
Will intuitive eating help me lose weight?
Intuitive eating is not intended as a weight-loss method. Some people may lose weight when they learn to honor their bodies, while others gain weight they'd lost through restriction and deprivation. Still others maintain their weight with intuitive eating. Weight loss is NOT a goal of intuitive eating or of this course, which is based on principles of Health at Every Size® and body acceptance.
I'm a clinician who wants to use intuitive eating in my practice. Can I take this course?
Yes! The material is presented at a level suitable for clients and clinicians alike, and the program is evidence-based. Clinicians can use the course as continuing education (33.5 CPEs for RDs, approved by CDR). Clinicians may also have clients purchase the course and then work through it with them. To inquire about permission to use and adapt course materials, please contact us. (All course contents, including this page, are copyrighted material.)
Are there any scholarships available if I can't afford the course?
I'm not able to offer scholarships to the course at this time, since the cost is already far below market rate for the value provided—only $33 per week if you go through the course in 13 weeks, with lifetime access to the materials. The actual cost per week is far lower if you take several weeks with each module, as compared to other group programs that range from $75 to hundreds per week.
If you have any questions about the course that weren't answered above, click below to ask yours!
More praise for the course
Get in there!