Respect Your Body
The next principle of intuitive eating is all about developing respect for your body and honing your ability to trust and honor it.
I recommend completing this module over the course of a week, taking some time to review the material a couple of times, and to complete the exercises each day.
Start by listening to the audio content below, and then scroll down for the workbook including this week's notes and journal exercises.
Audio: Respect Your Body
Module 9 Workbook
- "Photoshopping: Altering Images and Our Minds," via Beauty Redefined
- "Weight Science: Evaluating the Evidence for a Paradigm Shift" by Linda Bacon, Ph.D. and Lucy Aphramor, Ph.D, RD (Nutrition Journal 2011, 10:9)
- Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out, and Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight by Linda Bacon, Ph.D. and Lucy Aphramor, Ph.D, RD
- The Body Image Workbook: An Eight-Step Program for Learning to Like Your Looks by Thomas Cash, Ph.D.
- Body of Truth: How Science, History, and Culture Drive Our Obsession with Weight--and What We Can Do about It by Harriet Brown